Postpartum experiences of older Japanese primiparas during the first month after childbirth
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Special Issue: The Journal of Nursing & Human Sciences (JNHS) Special Themed Issue: Research on Selected Contemporary Nursing Practice Issues in Cambodia and Japan. Guest Editor: Perri J Bomar. Wiley has published this supplement with financial support from Chiba University Graduate School of Nursing, Japan
Volume 20, Issue Supplement S1, pages 20–31, March 2014
How to Cite
Mori, E., Iwata, H., Sakajo, A., Maehara, K., Ozawa, H., Maekawa, T., Morita, A. and Saeki, A. (2014), Postpartum experiences of older Japanese primiparas during the first month after childbirth. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 20: 20–31. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12246
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2014
- Cabinet Office, Japan. Grant Number: LS022
- 1Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Japanese Vital Statistics 2013, 2013. Available from URL: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/list/dl/81-1a2.pdf (Japanese). Accessed 20 August 2013.
- 4A nationwide survey on maternal concerns, support needs and childrearing environment during 1 month postpartum: A comparison with parity and employment status after 5 years of ‘Healthy Parents and Children 21’. The Journal of Child Health 2006; 65: 752–762 (Japanese)., , et al.
- 11How adolescent mothers feel about becoming a parent. The Journal of Perinatal Education 2010; 19: 25–34..
- 12A qualitative study of older first-time mothering in the first year. Journal of Pediatric Health Care 2004; 18: 284–291..
- 1435 sai izyô de hazimete syussansita zyosei no sango nyûintyû ni okeru hahaoya tosite no keiken. Maternal experiences after childbirth in Japanese primiparas over 35 years old. Journal of Japan Maternity Nursing 2013; 13: 17–24 (Japanese)., , .
- 17Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Chapter 2 women's continuous employment towards the society of all members' participation: Facts on the status of working women, 2011. Available from URL: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/koyoukintou/josei-jitsujo/dl/11c-1.pdf (Japanese). Accessed 20 August 2013.
- 18Gender Equality Bureau Cabinet Office. The 1st part of formation of gender equal society: White paper on gender equality, 2012. Available from URL: http://www.gender.go.jp/whitepaper/h24/zentai/html/zuhyo/zuhyo01-04-07.html (Japanese). Accessed 20 August 2013.
- 19Becoming a Mother: Research on Maternal Role Identity from Rubin to the Present. New York: Springer, 1995..
- 21Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Support plan guidelines for breastfeeding and weaning, 2007. Available from URL: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/shingi/2007/03/dl/s0314-17.pdf (Japanese). Accessed 20 November 2013.
- 24Maternal and child health nurses: A vital link to the community for primiparae over the age of 35. Contemporary Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profession 2004; 18: 133–142..