How to create a ‘writing tool box’ for scholars writing in English as a second language
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Special Issue: The Journal of Nursing & Human Sciences (JNHS) Special Themed Issue: Research on Selected Contemporary Nursing Practice Issues in Cambodia and Japan. Guest Editor: Perri J Bomar. Wiley has published this supplement with financial support from Chiba University Graduate School of Nursing, Japan
Volume 20, Issue Supplement S1, pages 1–8, March 2014
How to Cite
Bomar, P. J. (2014), How to create a ‘writing tool box’ for scholars writing in English as a second language. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 20: 1–8. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12270
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
- 1Problems in writing for scholarly publication in English: The case of Hong Kong. Journal of Second Language Writing 1999; 8: 243–264..
- 3Research insights on second language writing instruction. ERIC Digest: 2003; EDO-FL-03-06, 2003. Available from URL: http://www.cal.org/resources/digest/digest_pdfs/0306leki.pd. Accessed 17 January 2014..
- 4An Outline of Scientific Writing for Researchers with English As a Foreign Language. Singapore: World Scientific, 1995..
- 5English as a foreign language: Reviewing and editing manuscripts. Nurse Author & Editor, 17504910; 23(2): Wiley Blackwell, 2013. URL: http://www.nurseauthoreditor.com/article.asp?id=215. Accessed 17 January 2014., , , , .
- 6Through the looking glass: Publishing in a journal in another language or another country. Research in Nursing & Health 2010; 33: 85–86..
- 7The 4 R's of revising your manuscript: Reading, reflecting, rewriting and responding. Nurse Author & Editor; 18 (2), 2008. Available from URL: http://www.nurseauthoreditor.com/article.asp?id=174. Accessed 14 January 2014..
- 8Twitter & facebook feeds to watch. The Writer 2012; 125: 22–23..
- 9Family nursing: I ♥ social media. [Blog Article], 12 November 2013. Available from URL: http://janicembell.com/2013/11/family-nursing-i-%e2%99%a5-social-media/. Accessed 16 January 2014..
- 10Editing checklists can help authors and editors. Nurse Author & Editor; 21(4), 2011. Available from URL: http://www.nurseauthoreditor.com/article.asp?id=174. Accessed 14 January 2014..
- 11Writing for Publication. Oxford, UK: Blackwell, 2009. Available from URL: http://www.nurseauthoreditor.com/WritingforPublication2009.pdf. Accessed 24 January 2014..
- 12A Scholar's Guide to Getting Published in English: Critical Choices and Practical Strategies. Clevedon, UK: Multilingual Matters, 2013., .
- 13Preparing manuscripts and responding to reviewers' reports: Inside the editoral black box. (Chapter 9). In Publishing Addiction Science: A Guide for the Perplexed, 2nd ed. By Babor TF , Stenius K , Savva S , O'Reilly J (Eds.) Brentwood, Essex. UK: Multi-Science 2008, 124–137. Available from URL: http://www.parint.org/isajewebsite/bookimages/isaje_2nd_edition_chapter9.pdf. Accessed 20 January 2014..
- 14Open Access. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2012. Available from URL: http://mitpress.mit.edu/sites/default/files/titles/content/9780262517638_Open_Access_PDF_Version.pdf. Accessed 24 January, 2014..