Medicine use and medicine-related problems experienced by ethnic minority patients in the United Kingdom: a review
Article first published online: 13 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. IJPP © 2012 Royal Pharmaceutical Society
International Journal of Pharmacy Practice
Volume 21, Issue 5, pages 277–287, October 2013
How to Cite
Alhomoud, F., Dhillon, S., Aslanpour, Z. and Smith, F. (2013), Medicine use and medicine-related problems experienced by ethnic minority patients in the United Kingdom: a review. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 21: 277–287. doi: 10.1111/ijpp.12007
- Issue published online: 5 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 13 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 6 FEB 2012
- 2Office for National Statistics. Ethnicity and Identity. London: Crown copyright, 2004.
- 3Understanding Processes of Ethnic Concentration and Dispersal. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 2010..
- 5Woodward K , ed. Questioning Identity: Gender, Class, Ethnicity, 2nd edn. London: Routledge/The Open University, 2004.
- 8Office for National Statistics. Household Questionnaire. London: Office for National Statistics, 2011.
- 9Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion. Minority Ethnic Groups in Britain. London: Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, 2004. http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/dps/case/CBCB/census2_part1.pdf (accessed 14 April 2012).
- 10Health and Social Care Information Centre. Health Survey for England 2004: The Health of Minority Ethnic Groups – Headline Tables. London: National Health Service Health and Social Care Information Centre, 2005. http://www.ic.nhs.uk/webfiles/publications/hlthsvyeng2004ethnic/HealthSurveyForEngland161205_PDF%20.pdf (accessed 31 March 2011).
- 12Assessing CHD and hypertension in minority ethnic communities. Nurs Times 2003; 99: 26–27.et al.
- 13Department of Health. Choosing Health Through Pharmacy. A programme for pharmaceutical public health 2005–2015. London: Crown copyright, 2005.
- 14Medicine related problems in chronic disease: implications for reducing health inequalities. Int J Pharm Pract 2009; 17: B29–B30.et al.
- 15Medicine related problems in South Asian patients living in the UK with chronic illness. Int J Pharm Pract 2010; 18 (Suppl. 2): 92–93.et al.
- 19The King's Fund. Ethnic Health Issues for Primary Care. London: The King's Fund, 2011.
- 30Recording of adverse events in English general practice: analysis of data from electronic patient records. Inform Prim Care 2010; 18: 117–124.et al.