Conflicts of interest: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Safety and feasibiLIty of Metformin in patients with Impaired glucose Tolerance and a recent TIA or minor ischemic stroke (LIMIT) trial – a multicenter, randomized, open-label phase II trial
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 105–109, January 2015
How to Cite
den Hertog, H. M., Vermeer, S. E., Zandbergen, A. A. M., Achterberg, S., Dippel, D. W. J., Algra, A., Kappelle, L. J. and Koudstaal, P. J. (2015), Safety and feasibiLIty of Metformin in patients with Impaired glucose Tolerance and a recent TIA or minor ischemic stroke (LIMIT) trial – a multicenter, randomized, open-label phase II trial. International Journal of Stroke, 10: 105–109. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12023
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 JUN 2012
- 11The DREAM (Diabetes REduction Assessment with ramipril and rosiglitazone Medication) Trial Investigators. Effect of rosiglitazone on the frequency of diabetes in patients with impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glucose: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2006; 368:1096–1105.
- 12Treating prediabetes with metformin. Systematic review and meta-analysis. Can Fam Physician 2009; 55:363–369., .
- 15Long-term effects of metfomin on metabolism and microvascular and macrovascular disease in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Arch Intern Med 2009; 23:616–625., , et al.
- 24Prevention of diabetes and reduction in major cardiovascular events in studies of subjects with impaired glucose tolerance: meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials. Circulation 2010; 122:A15435., , , .