The copyright line for this article was changed on 03 June 2015 after original online publication.
Enlarged perivascular spaces and cerebral small vessel disease
Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
© 2015 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of World Stroke Organization.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 10, Issue 3, pages 376–381, April 2015
How to Cite
Potter, G. M., Doubal, F. N., Jackson, C. A., Chappell, F. M., Sudlow, C. L., Dennis, M. S. and Wardlaw, J. M. (2015), Enlarged perivascular spaces and cerebral small vessel disease. International Journal of Stroke, 10: 376–381. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12054
Conflicts of interest: The authors declare no potential conflict of interest.
Funding: The Edinburgh Stroke Register, CLMS and CAJ were funded by the Wellcome Trust (grant number 063668, Clinician Scientist Award to CLMS) and the Binks Trust. The Lacunar Stroke Study was funded by the Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Executive (grant number 217 NTU R37933) and the Wellcome Trust (grant number 075611). JMW was funded by the Scottish Funding Council SINAPSE Initiative (Scottish Imaging Network, A Platform for Scientific Excellence, http://www.sinapse.ac.uk). GMP was funded by NHS Lothian R&D and the Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Executive. FND was funded by the Wellcome Trust (grant number 075611). Imaging was performed in the Scottish Funding Council Brain Imaging Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh and in the Neuroradiology Department, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh.
- Issue online: 16 MAR 2015
- Version of Record online: 22 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2012
- Wellcome Trust. Grant Numbers: 063668, 075611
- Binks Trust
- Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Executive. Grant Number: 217 NTU R37933
- Scottish Funding Council SINAPSE Initiative
- NHS Lothian R&D
- 8Enlarged perivascular spaces in lacunar stroke patients. The Secondary Prevention of Small Subcortical Strokes (SPS3) Trial. Stroke 2012; 43:A151., , , .
- 16Dilated perivascular spaces in the putamen and pallidum in patients with Parkinson's disease scheduled for pallidotomy: a comparison between MRI findings and clinical symptoms and signs. Mov Disord 2000; 15:1139–1144., , , , .
- 21National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Hypertension: Clinical Management of Hypertension in Adults CG127. London, National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2011.