A full list of CAVATAS Investigators is provided at the end of the manuscript.
Length of carotid stenosis predicts peri-procedural stroke or death and restenosis in patients randomized to endovascular treatment or endarterectomy
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of World Stroke Organization.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 297–305, April 2014
How to Cite
Bonati, L. H., Ederle, J., Dobson, J., Engelter, S., Featherstone, R. L., Gaines, P. A., Beard, J. D., Venables, G. S., Markus, H. S., Clifton, A., Sandercock, P., Brown, M. M. and CAVATAS Investigators (2014), Length of carotid stenosis predicts peri-procedural stroke or death and restenosis in patients randomized to endovascular treatment or endarterectomy. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 297–305. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12084
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no potential conflict of interest.
International randomized controlled trial number: ISRCTN 01425573.
Clinical Trial Registration: ISRCTN01425573, http://isrctn.org/
[The copyright line for this article was changed on 05 September 2014 after original online publication.]
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 OCT 2012
- British Heart Foundation
- National Health Service Management Executive
- Stroke Association, UK
- 6Anatomical and technical factors associated with stroke or death during carotid angioplasty and stenting: results from the endarterectomy versus angioplasty in patients with symptomatic severe carotid stenosis (EVA-3S) trial and systematic review. Stroke 2011; 42:380–388., , et al.
- 8Endovascular treatment with angioplasty or stenting versus endarterectomy in patients with carotid artery stenosis in the Carotid and Vertebral Artery Transluminal Angioplasty Study (CAVATAS): long-term follow-up of a randomised trial. Lancet Neurol 2009; 8:898–907., , et al.
- 9Long-term risk of carotid restenosis in patients randomly assigned to endovascular treatment or endarterectomy in the Carotid and Vertebral Artery Transluminal Angioplasty Study (CAVATAS): long-term follow-up of a randomised trial. Lancet Neurol 2009; 8:908–917., , et al.