Conflicts of interest: The authors have nothing to disclose.
Stroke in rural coastal Ecuador: a community-based survey
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 365–366, April 2014
How to Cite
Del Brutto, O. H., Santamaría, M., Zambrano, M., Peñaherrera, E., Pow-Chon-Long, F., Del Brutto, V. J., Ochoa, Elio., Valdiviezo, E. and Santibáñez, R. (2014), Stroke in rural coastal Ecuador: a community-based survey. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 365–366. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12102
Funding: This study was partially supported by an unrestricted grant from Universidad the Especialidades Espíritu Santo, Guayaquil – Ecuador.
Clinical Trials.gov identifier: NCT01627600.
- Issue published online: 17 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 JAN 2013
- Universidad the Especialidades Espíritu Santo, Guayaquil – Ecuador
This article has been cited by:
- 1Incompleteness of the Circle of Willis Correlates Poorly with Imaging Evidence of Small Vessel Disease. A Population-based Study in Rural Ecuador (the Atahualpa Project), Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2015, 24, 1, 73, , , ,
- 2Poor sleep quality and silent markers of cerebral small vessel disease: a population-based study in community-dwelling older adults (The Atahualpa Project), Sleep Medicine, 2015,, , , , , ,
- 3Stroke and pineal gland calcification: Lack of association. Results from a population-based study (The Atahualpa Project), Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2015, 130, 91, , , ,
- 6Cardiovascular Health Status and Metabolic Syndrome in Ecuadorian Natives/Mestizos Aged 40 Years or More with and without Stroke and Ischemic Heart Disease—An Atahualpa Project Case–Control Nested Study, Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2014, 23, 4, 643, , , , , , ,
- 7Edentulism associates with poor cardiovascular health. Results from the Atahualpa Project, International Journal of Cardiology, 2014, 176, 3, 1013, , , , , ,
- 8Excessive daytime somnolence and cardiovascular health: A population-based study in rural Ecuador, Sleep Science, 2014, 7, 4, 186, , , ,
- 9Prevalence, Correlates, and Prognosis of Peripheral Artery Disease in Rural Ecuador—Rationale, Protocol, andPhase IResults of a Population-Based Survey: An Atahualpa Project-Ancillary Study, International Journal of Vascular Medicine, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , , , , , , ,