Stroke prevention in New Zealand: Can we do better?
Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2013
© 2013 Auckland University of Technology International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Special Issue: Global Stroke Statistics Edition
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 61–63, January 2014
How to Cite
Feigin, V. L., Krishnamurthi, R., Barber, P. A. and Arroll, B. (2014), Stroke prevention in New Zealand: Can we do better?. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 61–63. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12117
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2013
- 5The Atlas of Heart Disease and Stroke. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2004., .
- 7Group obotARCSAS. Trends in stroke incidence in Auckland, New Zealand (1981–2003). Three decades of Auckland regional Community Stroke (ARCOS) studies: what have we learned and what is next for stroke care and stroke research? 2009:8–9.,
- 9Stroke: a picture of health disparities in New Zealand. Soc Policy J NZ 2008; 33:178–191., , , .
- 21Risk factors for and incidence of subtypes of ischemic stroke. Funct Neurol 2012; 27:35–40., , , , .
- 22Differences in health-related socioeconomic characteristics among Pacific populations living in Auckland, New Zealand. NZ Med J 2006; 119: No 1228., , , , , .
- 23Comparison of different markers of socioeconomic status with cardiovascular disease and diabetes risk factor in the diabetes, heart and health survey. NZ Med J 2008; 121:45–56., , , , , .
- 24Health Mo. A Portrait of Health. Key Results of the 2006/07 New Zealand Health Survey. 2008.
- 28Racial disparities in stroke awareness: African Americans and Caucasians. J Health Hum Serv Adm 2011; 33:462–490., , , .
- 30Changes in stroke awareness among undergraduate students after an educational intervention. Acta Neurol Taiwan 2010; 19:90–99., , .
- 32Stroke awareness among British ethnic minorities. Br J Community Nurs 2010; 15:381–384..
- 33Estimated prevalence of cardiovascular disease and distribution of cardiovascular risk in New Zealanders: data for healthcare planners, funders, and providers. NZ Med J 2006; 119(1232):U1935., , .
- 35WHO. Adherence to longterm therapies. Evidence for action. 2013.
- 37Under-utilisation of preventive medication in patients with cardiovascular disease is greatest in younger age groups (PREDICT-CVD 15). J Prim Health Care 2011; 3:93–101., , et al.