Disclosure: S. C. Johnston is funded by NIH grants 1U01 NS062835 and UL1 RR024131, has received research support from the American Heart Association, is coeditor of Journal Watch Neurology and vice editor of the Annals of Neurology, is a coholder of a patent on an RNA panel to identify and risk-stratify transient ischemic attacks, indirectly receives research support from Sanofi (drug and placebo for this NIH-sponsored trial), and receives research support from AstraZeneca. J. D. Easton is funded by NIH grant 1U01 NS062835, is a consultant for Bristol-Myers Squibb; receives research support from AstraZeneca, and is on data monitoring noards for Daiichi-Sankyo, Schering-Plough Research Institute, Novartis, Cerevast Therapeutics, Acorda Therapeutics, and Johnson and Johnson, Inc. William Barsan is funded by NIH grants 2U01NS056975-06, 2U01NS056975-06, U01NS073476-01, U01 NS 062835, 1U01NS062778, and 1-U01-NS-069498-01. Anne Lindblad is an owner of The EMMES Corporation and through her employment at EMMES is supported by grants and contracts from the DoD, NEI, NINDS, and Acucela. Lewis Morgenstern is funded by NIH grants U01 NS062835, R01 HL098065, R01 NS070941, R18 HS017690, R01 NS38916, R01 NS062675, and U01 NS056975. Mary Farrant, Holly Battenhouse, Robin Conwit, Catherine Dillon, Jordan Elm, Sharon N. Poisson, and Yuko Palesch declare no funding or potential conflict of interest.
Platelet-Oriented Inhibition in New TIA and Minor Ischemic Stroke (POINT) Trial: Rationale and design
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 8, Issue 6, pages 479–483, August 2013
How to Cite
Johnston, S. C., Easton, J. D., Farrant, M., Barsan, W., Battenhouse, H., Conwit, R., Dillon, C., Elm, J., Lindblad, A., Morgenstern, L., Poisson, S. N. and Palesch, Y. (2013), Platelet-Oriented Inhibition in New TIA and Minor Ischemic Stroke (POINT) Trial: Rationale and design. International Journal of Stroke, 8: 479–483. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12129
Clinical Trial Registration – URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov Unique identifier: NCT00991029.
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2013
- NIH. Grant Numbers: 1U01 NS062835, UL1 RR024131, 2U01NS056975-06, U01NS073476-01, U01 NS 062835, 1U01NS062778, 1-U01-NS-069498-01, R01 HL098065, R01 NS070941, R18 HS017690, R01 NS38916, R01 NS062675, U01 NS056975
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.