Conflict of interest: Gillian Mead, has received £1000 royalties from a company (Later Life Training) for having developed a course on exercise after stroke and £350 royalties from the publisher Elsevier for a book that she has written. Other authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Edaravone improves functional and structural outcomes in animal models of focal cerebral ischemia: A systematic review
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Special Issue: Global Stroke Statistics Edition
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 101–106, January 2014
How to Cite
Wu, S., Sena, E., Egan, K., Macleod, M. and Mead, G. (2014), Edaravone improves functional and structural outcomes in animal models of focal cerebral ischemia: A systematic review. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 101–106. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12163
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2013
- 14Clinical efficacy of a free radical scavenger, mci-186, on acute cerebral infarction: early phase ii clinical trial. Ther Res 1998; 19:1311–1332., , et al.
- 17Edaravone for acute ischaemic stroke. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 12. Art. No.: CD007230. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007230.pub2., , , et al.
- 21Summing up: The Science of Reviewing Research. Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, Harvard University Press, 1984., .
- 23A nonparametric‘ trim and fill’ method of accounting for publication bias in meta-analysis. J Am Stat Assoc 2000; 95:89–98., .
- 24Protective effects of edaravone against ischemia-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress in rats. Pharm Care and Res 2009; 9:452–454., .
- 25Neuroprotective effect of edaravone, a radical scavenger, in thromboembolic stroke model in primates. Stroke 2004; 35:282–282., , , .
- 26Efficacy of edaravone (radicut) in combination with tissue plasminogen activator in a rabbit embolic stroke model. Stroke 2009; 40:E255–E255., .
- 27Long-term effect of edaravone, a neuroprotective agent, on the functional outcome in a non-human primate model of stroke. J Pharmacol Sci 2005; 97:210P–P., , , , , .
- 28Pharmacological studies of mci-186, a new drug for acute stroke. Japanese Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1997; 25:181–188., , , , , .
- 29Neuroprotective effects of edaravone combined with tissue plasminogen activator (t-pa) in a primate thrombolic stroke model. Stroke 2004; 35:E253–E253..