These authors contributed equally to this work.
Short-duration hypothermia after ischemic stroke prevents delayed intracranial pressure rise
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 9, Issue 5, pages 553–559, July 2014
How to Cite
Murtha, L. A., McLeod, D. D., McCann, S. K., Pepperall, D., Chung, S., Levi, C. R., Calford, M. B. and Spratt, N. J. (2014), Short-duration hypothermia after ischemic stroke prevents delayed intracranial pressure rise. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 553–559. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12181
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no potential conflict of interest.
Funding: This work was supported by a NHMRC Program Grant #454417 and research support from the Hunter Medical Research Institute from funds donated by the Greater Building Society. N. Spratt received a NHMRC training fellowship, #455632. L. Murtha received a student grant from the National Stroke Foundation (Australia). D. McLeod and N. Spratt received a project grant from the National Stroke Foundation (Australia).
- Issue published online: 9 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAY 2013
- NHMRC Program Grant. Grant Numbers: 454417, 455632
- Hunter Medical Research Institute
- National Stroke Foundation (Australia)
This article has been cited by:
- 1Intracranial pressure elevation reduces flow through collateral vessels and the penetrating arterioles they supply. A possible explanation for ‘collateral failure’ and infarct expansion after ischemic stroke, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2015, 35, 5, 861, , , , , , ,
- 2Optimal Protective Hypothermia in Arrested Mammalian Hearts, Therapeutic Hypothermia and Temperature Management, 2015, 5, 1, 40, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Platelet rich clots are resistant to lysis by thrombolytic therapy in a rat model of embolic stroke, Experimental & Translational Stroke Medicine, 2015, 7, 1, , , , , , ,
- 4Temperature modulation with an esophageal heat transfer device- a pediatric swine model study, BMC Anesthesiology, 2015, 15, 1, 16, , , , , , , ,
- 5Intracranial pressure elevation after ischemic stroke in rats: cerebral edema is not the only cause, and short-duration mild hypothermia is a highly effective preventive therapy, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2014, 35, 4, 592, , , , , , , , , ,