Conflicts of interests: None declared.
Management of fever, hyperglycemia, and swallowing dysfunction following hospital admission for acute stroke in New South Wales, Australia
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2013 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Special Issue: Global Stroke Statistics Edition
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 23–31, January 2014
How to Cite
Drury, P., Levi, C., McInnes, E., Hardy, J., Ward, J., Grimshaw, J. M., D' Este, C., Dale, S., McElduff, P., Cheung, N. W., Quinn, C., Griffiths, R., Evans, M., Cadilhac, D. and Middleton, S. (2014), Management of fever, hyperglycemia, and swallowing dysfunction following hospital admission for acute stroke in New South Wales, Australia. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 23–31. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12194
Trial Registration: Australia New Zealand Clinical Trial Registry (ANZCTR) No: ACTRN12608000563369.
For the protocols and information about the intervention, see http://www.acu.edu.au/qasc
Conflict of interest: None declared.
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2013
- National Health and Medical Research Council. Grant Number: 353803
- Australian Diabetes Society (ADS)
- College Consortium Fund of the College of Nursing
- 4Foundation NS. National Stroke Audit – Acute Services Clinical Audit Report 2011. Melbourne, Australia, National Stroke Foundation, 2011.
- 18National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management 2010. Victoria, NSF, 2010.
- 19National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Diagnosis and Initial Management of Acute Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA). London, National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence, 2008.
- 20Stroke Council of the American Heart Association, American Stroke Association. Guidelines for the early management of patients with ischemic stroke: 2005 guidelines update a scientific statement from the Stroke Council of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke 2005; 36:916–923., , , .
- 22Canadian best practice recommendations for stroke care. CMAJ 2008; 179:S1–25., , , , , .
- 23National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Acute Stroke Managment. Victoria, NSF, 2007.
- 25Quality in Acute Stroke Care Project – protocol for a clustered randomised control trial to evaluate the management of fever, sugar and swallowing dysfunction (FeSS) following acute stroke. Intern Med J 2006; 36:A1., , , , .
- 28Reliability of Scandinavian neurological stroke scale. Cardiovasc Dis 1991; 1:103–107., , , , .
- 30NSW Health Policy Directive: Paracetamol Use. Department of Health, NSW Australia, 2009; 1–18.
- 31Practical Non-Parametric Statistics. New York, Wiley, 1999..
- 42Effectiveness and efficiency of guideline dissemination and implementation strategies. Health Technol Assess 2004; 8:1–72., , et al.