Conflict of interest: Dr. Amarenco has received research funding from Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Merck, Sanofi-Aventis, and BMS; speaker fees from Pfizer, Sanofi-Aventis, Bayer, Boehringer-Ingelheim, AstraZeneca, and Otsuka Pharmaceutical; and honoraria from Pfizer, Sanofi-Aventis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Kowa, Lundbeck, Boston Scientific, Edwards, Bayer, and Boehringer-Ingelheim.
Impact of living and socioeconomic characteristics on cardiovascular risk in ischemic stroke patients
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2014
© 2014 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 9, Issue 8, pages 1065–1072, December 2014
How to Cite
Amarenco, P., Abboud, H., Labreuche, J., Arauz, A., Bryer, A., Lavados, P. M., Massaro, A., Munoz Collazos, M., Steg, P. G., Yamout, B. I., Vicaut, E. and OPTIC Registry Investigators (2014), Impact of living and socioeconomic characteristics on cardiovascular risk in ischemic stroke patients. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 1065–1072. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12290
Dr. Abboud has no conflicts of interest to disclose.
J. Labreuche has no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Dr. Arauz has received speaker fees from Boehringer-Ingelheim and Pfizer.
Dr. Bryer has received research funding from Sanofi-Aventis, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Novartis, MSD, Solvay Pharmaceuticals, UCB, and GlaxoSmithKline and consulting/speaking fees from Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bayer, and Sanofi-Aventis.
Dr. Lavados has received research funding from the George Institute for Global Health, Lundbeck, Boehringer-Ingelheim, and Bristol-Myers Squibb and sits on the advisory boards of Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi-Aventis.
Dr. Massaro has received speaker fees from Sanofi-Aventis, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bayer, Ferrer Group, and Novartis.
Dr. Munoz Collazos has received research funding from Sanofi-Aventis, PROCAPS, and Biotoscana; speaker fees from Bayer Colombiana, Boehringer-Ingelheim, and Ferrer Group; honoraria from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Boehringer-Ingelheim; and travel and educational funding from Ferrer Group, Lundkeck, Sanofi-Aventis, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Tecnofarma, Bayer Colombiana, and Biotoscana.
Dr. Steg is supported by a research grant to INSERM U-698 from the New York University School of Medicine. He has received research funding from Sanofi and Servier and consulting/speaking fees from Ablynx, Amarin, Amgen, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer-Ingelheim, BMS, Daiichi Sankyo, Eisai, GlaxoSmithKline, Lilly, Medtronic, MSD, Novartis, Otsuka, Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi, Servier, The Medicines Company, and Vivus. He holds stock in Aterovax.
Dr. Yamout has received honoraria for presentations at medical conferences from Novartis, Biogen Merck-Serono, Bayer, and Pfizer.
Dr. Vicaut has received consulting/speaking fees from Abbott, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Fresenius, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Stallergenes.
Drs. Amarenco, Arauz, Bryer, Lavados, Massaro, Munoz Collazos, Steg, Yamout, and Vicaut received honorarium fees as members of the OPTIC steering committee.
Funding: The OPTIC registry is supported by Sanofi-Aventis, Paris, France. Sanofi-Aventis was not involved in the design of the study, analysis and interpretation of the data, or preparation and review of the manuscript, but provided help in the conduct of the study, did the data managing and collection of data, and gave its final approval for submission of the manuscript.
- Issue published online: 10 NOV 2014
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 29 OCT 2013
- Sanofi-Aventis, Paris, France
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.