EuroHYP-1: European multicenter, randomized, phase III clinical trial of therapeutic hypothermia plus best medical treatment vs. best medical treatment alone for acute ischemic stroke
Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2014
© 2014 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 9, Issue 5, pages 642–645, July 2014
How to Cite
van der Worp, H. B., Macleod, M. R., Bath, P. M. W., Demotes, J., Durand-Zaleski, I., Gebhardt, B., Gluud, C., Kollmar, R., Krieger, D. W., Lees, K. R., Molina, C., Montaner, J., Roine, R. O., Petersson, J., Staykov, D., Szabo, I., Wardlaw, J. M., Schwab, S. and EuroHYP-1 investigators (2014), EuroHYP-1: European multicenter, randomized, phase III clinical trial of therapeutic hypothermia plus best medical treatment vs. best medical treatment alone for acute ischemic stroke. International Journal of Stroke, 9: 642–645. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12294
Executive committee: R. Kollmar, D.W. Krieger, M.R. Macleod, J. Petersson, D. Staykov, S. Schwab (chair), I. Szabo, H.B. van der Worp.
Steering Committee: J. Demotes, I. Durand-Zaleski, B. Gebhardt, C. Gluud, K.R. Lees, C. Molina, J. Montaner, R. Roine, J. Wardlaw, and all members of the Executive Committee.
Data Safety and Monitoring Committee: P.M.W. Bath (chair), G.D. Murray, P.S. Scutt (unblinded statistician), F. Sterz.
Advisory Committee: M. Brainin, U. Dirnagl, W. Hacke (chair), M. Hennerici, D. Leys, S. Meairs, B. Norrving, P.A.G. Sandercock, N. Wahlgren.
Ethics Board: B. Heinrichs, N.E. Sahlin (chair), P. Sandöe.
Trial coordination: B. Colam, A. Stilper, N. Votruba.
Other EuroHYP-1 consortium members involved in the conduct of this trial: G. Broessner, C. Cordonnier, A. Czlonkowska, T. Dalkara, L. Garattini, C. Hobohm, D. Jatužis, R. von Kummer, A. Marcon, A. Meisel, F. Orzi, G. Tsivgoulis. G. Vanhooren, M. Wagner, P. Winkel.
Conflicts of interest: All authors are members of the Steering Committee of EuroHYP-1, except for PMWB, who is the chair of the trial's DSMC. Unconditional support to investigator meetings and meetings of the organization EuroHYP has been provided by BARD, EMCOOLS, MTRE, and ZOLL. These companies also provide cooling equipment at discount rates for the EuroHYP-1 trial and the related trial COOLIST, of which HBvdW is the chief investigator. EuroHYP-1 is conducted independently of the funders and equipment suppliers.
- Issue online: 9 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 2 DEC 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!