In this article, we use the words “state” and “government” interchangeably. However, in the context of China, the term “Chinese government” means not only the different levels (central, provincial, municipal) of the bureaucratic and administrative system, but also the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its local branches. Together all these form the Chinese government.
Social work in the making: The state and social work development in China†
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Author(s). International Journal of Social Welfare © 2014 International Journal of Social Welfare and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
International Journal of Social Welfare
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 93–101, January 2015
How to Cite
Gao, J. G. and Yan, M. C. (2015), Social work in the making: The state and social work development in China. International Journal of Social Welfare, 24: 93–101. doi: 10.1111/ijsw.12089
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!