Multiple ancient horizontal gene transfers and duplications in lepidopteran species
Article first published online: 5 DEC 2012
© 2012 Royal Entomological Society
Insect Molecular Biology
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 72–87, February 2013
How to Cite
Sun, B. F., Xiao, J. H., He, S. M., Liu, L., Murphy, R. W. and Huang, D. W. (2013), Multiple ancient horizontal gene transfers and duplications in lepidopteran species. Insect Molecular Biology, 22: 72–87. doi: 10.1111/imb.12004
- Issue published online: 18 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 5 DEC 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 31090253, 30900137
- Major Innovation Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Grant Numbers: KSCX2-EW-Z-2, KSCX2-YW-N-0908
- Key Laboratory of the Zoological Systematics and Evolution of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Grant Number: O529YX5105
- National Science Fund. Grant Number: J0930004
Figure S1. The phylogenetic trees of 14 types of horizontal gene transfer (HGT) genes in Lepidoptera.
Figure S2. Heatmap of transferred genes in Bombyx mori showing tissue specificity expression patterns based on microarray signal intensities.
Figure S3. The value of four indices of codon bias: the codon adaptation index (CAI), codon bias index (CBI), frequency of optimal codon (Fop) and effective number of codons (ENC) of horizontal gene transfer (HGT) genes, Bombyx mori and the donor genome.
Table S1. Details for each horizontal gene transfer (HGT) gene used in the expressed sequence tags (ESTs).
Table S2. Quantification analysis of expressed horizontal gene transfer (HGT) gene number in each lepidopteran species used in this work and in specific tissues.
Please note: Neither the Editors nor Wiley Blackwell are responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting materials supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing material) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.