Managing International Student Migration: the Practices of Institutional Actors in Denmark
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Author. International Migration © 2013 IOM
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 14–28, February 2015
How to Cite
Mosneaga, A. (2015), Managing International Student Migration: the Practices of Institutional Actors in Denmark. International Migration, 53: 14–28. doi: 10.1111/imig.12071
- Issue published online: 25 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
- 2011 “Thinking globally is a must”, Insight, Spring/Summer 2011: 22–23. AmCham Denmark, Copenhagen Capacity and Heidrick and Struggles .
- 2010 Denmark – The Talent to Succeed, http://amcham.dk/files/editor/downloads/Talent_to_Succeed_Final.pdf.
- 2010 “The highly-skilled as a ‘renewable resource’”, in O. Farinde (Ed.), Dossier Mobility and Inclusion – Managing Labour Migration in Europe, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Berlin: 7–10. .
- 2011 Student Mobilities, Migration and the Internationalization of Higher Education, Palgrave Macmillan, Hampshire. , and
- 2011 ”Dasnke virksomheder fravælger internationale kandidater”, Business.dk, 16 May. .
- 2009 “Managing highly-skilled labour migration: a comparative analysis of migration policies and challenges in OECD countries”, OECD Social, Employment and Migration Paper Series 79, Paris. , and
- 2006 Migration and its Enemies: Global capital, Migrant labour and the Nation-State, Ashgate, Hampshire. .
- 2009 “The political economy of migration processes: an agenda for migration research and analysis”, IMI Working Papers 12, International Migration Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford. .
- Copenhagen Growth Council 2011 Idekatalog – forslag til initiativer i Vækstforum Hovedstadens erhvervsudviklingsstrategi 2011-2013, ”Nordeuropas grønne, innovative vækstmotor”, Hillerød.
- 2006 “Competing for global talent in an age of turbulence”, in C. Kuptsch and E. Pang (Eds), Competing for Global Talent, ILO, Geneva: 259–275. , and
- Danish Chamber of Commerce 2011 ”Brug de internationale studerende i Danmark”, press release, 11 March.
- Danish Immigration Service 2011 ”Danmark er et attraktivt arbejdsland for udlændinge”, press release, 9 May.
- Danish Ministry of Economy and Business Affairs 2010 Handlingsplan for offensiv global markedsføring af Danmark 2011-2012, Copenhagen.
- 2010 “Introduction”, in O. Farinde (Ed.), Dossier Mobility and Inclusion – Managing Labour Migration in Europe, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Berlin: 5. , and .
- 2008 The Triple Helix: University-Industry-Government Innovation in Action, Routledge, New York. .
- 1997 Universities in the Global Knowledge Economy: a Triple Helix of University-Industry-Government, Continuum, New York. and .
- 2010 “An Assessment of supply and demand-side theorizations of international student mobility”, International Migration, 49(2): 162–190. .
- 2005a “Immigration and the welfare state”, in E. Guild and J. Selm (Eds), International Migration and Security: Opportunities and Challenges, Routledge, London: 159–173. .
- 2005b “Europe's border relationships and international migration relations”, Journal of Common Markets Studies, 43(4): 787–806. .
- 2008 “Models for immigration management schemes: comparison and analysis of existing approaches and perspectives for future reforms”, GMF Paper Series, The German Marshall Fund of the United States, Washington DC. , and
- 2011 “International students in Denmark: difficult to get here, difficult to stay – what can universities do?”, Presentation at European Association of International Education Conference, September 13–16, Copenhagen. .
- IOM 2004 Essentials of Migration Management: A Guide for Policy Makers and Practitioners (Volume 1-3), IOM, Geneva.
- ISIC 2011 Slutevaluering: Maj 2011, unpublished report, courtesy of the Danish Society of Engineers.
- 2008 “Which skilled temporary migrants become permanent residents and why?”, International Migration Review, 42(1): 193–226. , , and
- 2002 “Towards a new map pf European migration”, International Journal of Population Geography, 8: 89–102. .
- 2008 “Managing migration and citizenship in Europe: towards and overarching framework”, in C. Gabriel and H. Pellerin (Eds), Governing International Labour Migration: Current Issues, Challenges & Dilemmas, Routledge, London. .
- 2009 “Global mobility regimes: a conceptual reframing”, Presentation at the International Studies Association Meeting, February 15–18, New York City. .
- 2006 “Students and talent flow – the case of Europe: from castle to harbour?”, in C. Kuptsch and E. Pang (Eds), Competing for Global Talent, ILO, Geneva: 33–61. .
- 2007 “Actors and venues in immigration control: closing the gap between political demands and policy outcomes”, in V. Guiraudon and G. Lahav (Eds), Immigration Policy in Europe: The Politics of Control, Routledge, London. , and
- 2010 “Mobility citizenship, inequality, and the liberal state: the case of visa policies”, International Political Sociology, (4): 339–361. .
- 2010 “Linking international student mobility to skilled migration: the case of Denmark”. International Journal of Contemporary Sociology, 47(1): 98–118. .
- 2012 “Agents of internationalization? Danish unviersities' practices for attracting international students”. Globalization, Societies and Education, 10(4): 519–538. , and
- 2008 “Globalization, governance and migration: an introduction”, Third World Quarterly, 29(7): 1227–1246. .
- 2008 “Achieving best outcomes from global, regional and bilateral cooperation”, in IOM (Ed.), World Migration Report 2008: Managing Labour Mobility in the Evolving Global Economy. IOM, Geneva: 355–392. .
- Ritzau 2011a ”Erhvervsliv kræver udlændingeregler lempet”, Business.dk, 3 May.
- Ritzau 2011b ”DI: vi skræmmer dygtige udlændige væk”, Information, 15 August.
- 2011 “Re-thinking student migration trends, trajectories and rights”, ARI Working Paper 157, Asia Research Institute of the National University of Singapore, Singapore. .
- 2008 “Revisiting the permanent–temporary labour migration dichotomy”, in C. Gabriel and H. Pellerin (Eds), Governing International Labour Migration: Current Issues, Challenges & Dilemmas, Routledge, London. .
- 2008 “Train and retain: national and regional policies to promote settlement of foreign graduates in knowledge economies”, Journal of International Migration & Integration, 9(4): 401–418. , and
- 2009 “Cross-border higher education: trends and perspectives”, in Centre for Educational Research and Innovation (Ed.), Higher Education to 2030 – Volume 2: Globalization, OECD, Paris: 63–88. .
- 2010 “Wrong message to the wrong people”, University Post, 4 December. .