Between Scylla and Charybdis: energy, carbon dioxide, and indoor environmental quality
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 265–267, August 2013
How to Cite
Nazaroff, W. W. (2013), Between Scylla and Charybdis: energy, carbon dioxide, and indoor environmental quality. Indoor Air, 23: 265–267. doi: 10.1111/ina.12051
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
- ASHRAE. (2010) Ventilation for Acceptable Air Quality ASHRAE/ANSI Standard 62.1-2010, Atlanta, GA, American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers.
- 2012) Ventilation rates in schools and pupils' performance, Build. Environ., 48, 215–223. , , , and (
- 2009) Ocean acidification: the other CO2 problem, Ann. Rev. Mar. Sci., 1, 169–192. , , and (
- 2004) Mucous membrane and lower respiratory building related symptoms in relation to indoor carbon dioxide concentrations in the 100-building BASE dataset, Indoor Air, 14(Suppl. 8), 127–134. and (
- 2007) Elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration and temperature across an urban-rural transect, Atmos. Environ., 41, 7654–7665. , , and (
- 2011) Association between substandard classroom ventilation rates and students' academic achievement, Indoor Air, 21, 121–131. , and (
- IEA (2012) World Energy Outlook 2012 — Executive Summary, International Energy Agency, www.worldenergyoutlook.org.
- IOM (2011) Climate Change, the Indoor Environment, and Health, Washington, DC, National Academies Press.
- IPCC (2007) Climate Change 2007 — The Physical Science Basis, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, New York, Cambridge University Press.
- 2010) Enhancement of local air pollution by urban CO2 domes, Environ. Sci. Technol., 44, 2497–2502. (
- 2008) Climate change, building energy use, and indoor environmental quality, Indoor Air, 18, 259–260. (
- 2012) Is CO2 an indoor pollutant? Direct effects of low-to-moderate CO2 concentrations on human decision-making performance, Environ. Health Perspect., 120, 1671–1677. , , , , , and (
- 1999) Association of ventilation rates and CO2 concentrations with health and other responses in commercial and institutional buildings, Indoor Air, 9, 226–252. , and (
- 2004) Associations between classroom CO2 concentrations and student attendance in Washington and Idaho, Indoor Air, 14, 333–341. , , , , and (
- 2012) Climate change, indoor environments, and health, Indoor Air, 22, 89–95. (
- 2012) Effect of classroom air quality on students' concentration: results of a cluster-randomized cross-over experimental study, Indoor Air, 22, 378–387. , , , , , , and (
- 1873) The Relations of the Air to the Clothes We Wear, the House We Live In, and the Soil We Dwell On, Hess, A. (translator). London, N. Trübner & Co. (
- 2007) The effects of moderately raised classroom temperatures and classroom ventilation rate on the performance of schoolwork by children (RP-1257), HVAC&R Res. 13, 193–220. and (
- 2002) Production of allergenic pollen by ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia L.) is increased in CO2-enriched atmospheres, Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol., 88, 279–282. , , , and (