I would like to thank the late Mary Van Sell (my graduate school office mate and friend) and Dr. James L. Price (one of our many graduate school mentors) for sharing their insights and listening patiently to my thoughts and ramblings on voluntary turnover from the late 1970s until their untimely passing. The late Dr. Herbert A. Simon also exhibited extreme patience in (a) letting me audit his 1983 doctoral seminar on decision making and (b) suffering through subsequent conversations with me about voluntary employee turnover. However, all flaws and problems with this manuscript remain the sole responsibility of the author.
Is it Time to Voluntarily Turn Over Theories of Voluntary Turnover?
Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Volume 6, Issue 2, pages 156–173, June 2013
How to Cite
Russell, C. J. (2013), Is it Time to Voluntarily Turn Over Theories of Voluntary Turnover?. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 6: 156–173. doi: 10.1111/iops.12028
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!