He acknowledges the UK Department of Trade and Industry; the Economic and Social Research Council; the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service; and the Policy Studies Institute as the originators of the 2004 Workplace Employment Relations Survey data, and the Data Archive at the University of Essex as the distributor of the data. The National Centre for Social Research was commissioned to conduct the survey fieldwork on behalf of the sponsors. None of these organizations bears any responsibility for the analysis and interpretations of the data. John Forth, in particular, has been extremely helpful in shedding light on the intricacies of these data. The author would also like to thank Ariel C. Avgar, Alex Bryson, and Jody Hoffer Gittell, as well as seminar participants at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the 2011 annual meeting of the Labor and Employment Relations Association for their constructive feedback.
Not Featherbedding, but Feathering the Nest: Human Resource Management and Investments in Information Technology
Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2012
© 2012 Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 22–52, January 2013
How to Cite
Litwin, A. S. (2013), Not Featherbedding, but Feathering the Nest: Human Resource Management and Investments in Information Technology. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 52: 22–52. doi: 10.1111/irel.12010
- Issue online: 19 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!