Financial assistance for this study was provided by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (R01 AA015695). Thanks are due to Carmen Martinez, Christina Gonzalez, Allison Johnson, and William Russell for editorial assistance. We gratefully acknowledge Hai Fang for help with data analysis. We also thank Thomas McGuire and participants at the 2010 American Society of Health Economists conference for helpful suggestions on an earlier version of the article. The data used to generate the results presented in the article come from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (NESARC), which are available from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism of the National Institutes of Health.
Does Unemployment Lead to Greater Alcohol Consumption?
Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
© 2013 Regents of the University of California
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 444–466, April 2013
How to Cite
Popovici, I. and French, M. T. (2013), Does Unemployment Lead to Greater Alcohol Consumption?. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 52: 444–466. doi: 10.1111/irel.12019
- Issue published online: 18 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 18 MAR 2013
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Grant Number: R01 AA015695
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!