This work was presented in part at the Health Data Users Conference, September 22–23, 2011, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and the Fourth ESWI Influenza Conference, 11–14 September 2011, Malta.
Statistical estimates of respiratory admissions attributable to seasonal and pandemic influenza for Canada
Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd and Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 2012. Reproduced with the permission of the Minister of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 5, pages 799–808, September 2013
How to Cite
Schanzer, D. L., McGeer, A. and Morris, K. (2013), Statistical estimates of respiratory admissions attributable to seasonal and pandemic influenza for Canada. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 799–808. doi: 10.1111/irv.12011
- Issue published online: 21 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 5 NOV 2012
- Accepted 9 August 2012. Published Online 5 November 2012.
- Canadian Institute of Health Information
- 13World Health Organization. Comparing deaths from pandemic and seasonal influenza: Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 briefing note 20. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/notes/briefing_20091222/en/index.html 2009; (Accessed 26 April 2010).
- 15European Scientific Working group on Influenza (ESWI). Fourth ESWI Influenza Conference in Malta (11–14 September 2011). Available at http://www.eswiconference.org/Downloads/Press-release-Malta.aspx (Accessed 2 May 2012).
- 16Discharge Abstract Database. Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI): Ottawa; 1994–2009.
- 20World Health Organization (WHO). ICD-10: International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision. World Health Organization: Available at http://apps.who.int/classifications/apps/icd/icd10online/ (Accessed 16 June 2011).
- 21Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). Errata in Canadian Coding Standards for Version 2009 ICD-10-CA and CCI. Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI): Available at http://www.cihi.ca/CIHI-ext-portal/internet/en/document/standards+and+data+submission/standards/classification+and+coding/bul_stand_01dec09 (Accessed 16 June 2011).
- 22Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). The Impact of the H1N1 Pandemic on Canadian Hospitals. Ottawa, ON, Canada: Canadian Institute for Health Information, 2010.
- 25Statistics Canada. Annual Demographic Statistics 2010 (Catalogue 91-213-XIB). Demography Division, Ottawa, ON: Statistics Canada, 2011.
- 26SAS Institute Inc. SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 2006.
- 27Public Health Agency of Canada. FluWatch Reports. Available at http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/fluwatch/index-eng.php 2008; (Accessed 30 January 2008).
- 30Influenza in Canada: 2003–2004 season. Can Commun Dis Rep 2005; 31:1–19., , et al.
- 33Public Health Agency of Canada. Respiratory Virus Detections/Isolations in Canada. Available at http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/bid-bmi/dsd-dsm/rvdi-divr/. 2011 (Accessed 21 July 2011).