Moderate influenza vaccine effectiveness with variable effectiveness by match between circulating and vaccine strains in Australian adults aged 20–64 years, 2007–2011
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 5, pages 729–737, September 2013
How to Cite
Kelly, H. A., Sullivan, S. G., Grant, K. A. and Fielding, J. E. (2013), Moderate influenza vaccine effectiveness with variable effectiveness by match between circulating and vaccine strains in Australian adults aged 20–64 years, 2007–2011. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 729–737. doi: 10.1111/irv.12018
- Issue published online: 21 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2012
- Accepted 5 September 2012. Published online 17 October 2012.
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
- Victorian Department of Health
- 1Epidemiological, antigenic and genetic characteristics of seasonal influenza A(H1N1), A(H3N2) and B influenza viruses: basis for the WHO recommendation on the composition of influenza vaccines for use in the 2009–2010 Northern Hemisphere season. Vaccine 2009; 28:1156–1167., , et al.
- 2A Dictionary of Epidemiology, 5th edn. New York, USA: Oxford University Press, 2008., .
- 10Victorian Infectious Diseases References Laboratory. The Victorian influenza vaccine effectiveness audit. Available at: https://www.victorianflusurveillance.com.au/ (Accessed 27 September 2012).
- 14Moderate influenza vaccine effectiveness in Victoria, Australia, 2011. Euro Surveill 2012; 17:pii=20115., , , .
- 16Bias anaylsis; in Rothman KJ, Greenland S, Lash TL (eds): Modern Epidemiology. 3rd edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2008;345–380., .
- 17Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. Immunise Australia Program. Available at: http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/Content/immunise-influenza (Accessed 27 September 2012).
- 19Interim analysis of pandemic influenza (H1N1) 2009 in Australia: surveillance trends, age of infection and effectiveness of seasonal vaccination. Euro Surveill 2009; 14:pii=19288., .
- 21WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza. Current Vaccine Recommendations. Available at: http://www.influenzacentre.org/centre_vaccines.htm (Accessed 16 February 2012).
- 23CSL Limited. A Study of the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability Profile of CSL Limited’s Influenza Virus Vaccine (CSL’s IVV) Administered Intramuscularly in Healthy Adults. Available at: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00562484?term=A+Study+of+the+Efficacy%2C+Safety+and+Tolerability+Profile+of+CSL+Limited%27s+Influenza+Virus+Vaccine&rank=1 (Accessed 27 September 2012).