At the time this study was conducted, Drs. Sliman, Charenkavanich, and Rousculp were employees of MedImmune, LLC, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA.
Immunogenicity of a quadrivalent Ann Arbor strain live attenuated influenza vaccine delivered using a blow-fill-seal device in adults: a randomized, active-controlled study*
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 6, pages 1142–1150, November 2013
How to Cite
Sheldon, E. A., Jeanfreau, R., Sliman, J. A., Charenkavanich, S., Rousculp, M. D., Dubovsky, F. and Mallory, R. M. (2013), Immunogenicity of a quadrivalent Ann Arbor strain live attenuated influenza vaccine delivered using a blow-fill-seal device in adults: a randomized, active-controlled study. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, 7: 1142–1150. doi: 10.1111/irv.12027
Previous presentation: Data from this study were presented at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, October 21–24, 2010, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Abstract No. 3671).
Trial registration: Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT00952705.
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2012
- Accepted 08 September 2012. Published Online 14 October 2012.
- MedImmune, LLC
- 2Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2010. MMWR Recomm Rep2010; 59:1–62., , et al.
- 3World Health Organization. Recommended viruses for influenza vaccines for use in the 2010–2011 northern hemisphere influenza season. Wkly Epidemiol Rec2010; 85:81–92.
- 16World Health Organization. WHO/Europe influenza surveillance. Available at http://www.euroflu.org/index.php (Accessed 10 October 2011)
- 17Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Meeting. Background and presentation of possible vaccine options. 2007 February 27–28. Available at http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/07/slides/2007-4282S2_11.ppt (Accessed 10 October 2011)..
- 18Public health impact of including two influenza B strains in seasonal influenza vaccines. 2009. Available at http://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/BloodVaccinesandOtherBiologics/VaccinesandRelatedBiologicalProductsAdvisoryCommittee/ucm176375.htm (Accessed 10 October 2011)., , , .
- 19US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza activity surveillance reports: 1999–2000 to 2010–2011 seasons. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm (Accessed 10 October 2011).
- 21United States Food and Drug Administration. Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) meeting minutes – February 27, 2007. 2007. Available at http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/07/transcripts/2007-4282t2-03.pdf (Accessed 10 October 2011).
- 23ClinicalTrials.gov. A study to evaluate the immunogenicity of quadrivalent LAIV (MEDI8662) in adults 18 to 49 years of age (MI-CP206) (NCT00952705). 2011. Available at http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00952705 (Accessed 17 February 2012).
- 25World Health Organization. Manual on animal influenza: diagnosis and surveillance. Available at http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/influenza/en/whocdscsrncs20025rev.pdf (Accessed 10 October 2011).
- 26The modified Delphi technique – a rotational modification. J Voc Tech Educ1999; 15:50–58. Available at http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/ejournals/JVTE/v15n2/custer.html (Accessed 17 February 2012)., , .
- 27Evaluation of trivalent, live, cold-adapted (CAIV-T) and inactivated (TIV) influenza vaccines in prevention of virus infection and illness following challenge of adults with wild-type influenza A (H1N1), A (H3N2), and B viruses. Vaccine1999; 18:899–906., , et al.
- 38United States Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. Guidance for Industry: clinical data needed to support the licensure of seasonal inactivated influenza vaccines. 2007. Available at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/Vaccines/ucm091990.pdf (Accessed 3 April 2012).