All work has been carried out at PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA, Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre.
Influenza and respiratory syncytial virus are the major respiratory viruses detected from prospective testing of pediatric and adult coronial autopsies
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 7, Issue 6, pages 1113–1121, November 2013
How to Cite
2013) Influenza and respiratory syncytial virus are the major respiratory viruses detected from prospective testing of pediatric and adult coronial autopsies. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 7(6), 1113–1121.et al. (
- Issue published online: 5 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 MAY 2013
- 2Pandemic (H1N1) 2009–associated deaths detected by unexplained death and medical examiner surveillance. Emerg Infect Dis 2011; 17:1479–1483., , et al.
- 9Occult respiratory viral infections in coronial autopsies: a pilot project. Hong Kong Med J 2009; 15:S13–S15., , , , .
- 11PCR detection and differentiation of Influenza viruses A, B, and C strains; in Persing DH, Smith TF, Tenover FC et al. (eds): Diagnostic Molecular Microbiology, Principles and Applications, 1st edn. Washington, DC: ASM Press, 1993; 374–382., .
- 13Australian Bureau of Statistics. Deaths, Australia, 2011. Available at http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/3302.0 (Accessed 6 May 2013).
- 15Pulmonary pathologic findings of fatal 2009 pandemic influenza A/H1N1 viral infections. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2010; 134:235–243., , et al.
- 24Influenza symptoms and the role of laboratory diagnostics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/diagnosis/labrolesprocedures.htm (Accessed 20 February 2013).
- 25NNDSS Annual Report Writing Group. Australia's notifiable disease status, 2010: annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Commun Dis Intell 2012; 36:1–69.
- 26Seroepidemiologic effects of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 in Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Emerg Infect Dis 2013; 19:92–101., , et al.
- 37Clinical and pathological findings of fatal 2009-2010 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) infection in Estonia. Medicina (Kaunas) 2012; 48:48–56., , , , , .
- 38Retrospective analysis of necropsy findings in patients of H1N1 and their correlation to clinical features. J Assoc Physicians India 2011; 59:498–500., , et al.