Obesity as a risk factor for severe influenza-like illness
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 25–32, January 2014
How to Cite
2014) Obesity as a risk factor for severe influenza-like illness. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 8(1), 25–32.et al. (
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2013
- 3Intensive-care patients with severe novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection – Michigan, June 2009. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009; 58:749–752., , et al.
- 4Patients hospitalized with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) – New York City, May 2009. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2010; 58:1436–1440., , et al.
- 6Epidemiology of fatal cases associated with pandemic H1N1 influenza 2009. Euro Surveill 2009; 14:1–6., , , .
- 12Epidemiology: An Introduction. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002..
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Past weekly surveillance reports. Available at www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm. (Accessed 3 April 2013).
- 14National Bioterrorism Syndromic Surveillance Demonstration Program. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2004; 53(Suppl):43–49., , et al.
- 15Evaluating real-time syndromic surveillance signals from ambulatory care data in four states. Public Health Rep 2010; 125:111–120., , et al.
- 18Associations between obesity and receipt of screening mammography, Papanicolau tests, and influenza vaccination: results from the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) and the Asset and Health Dynamics Among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) Study. Am J Public Health 2005; 95:1623–1630., , , .