Contributed equally to this work.
The substantial hospitalization burden of influenza in central China: surveillance for severe, acute respiratory infection, and influenza viruses, 2010–2012
Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 53–65, January 2014
How to Cite
2014) The substantial hospitalization burden of influenza in central China: surveillance for severe, acute respiratory infection, and influenza viruses, 2010–2012. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 8(1), 53–65.et al. (
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2013
- China-U.S. Collaborative Program on Emerging and Re-emerging Infectious Diseases
- 1United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Overview of influenza surveillance in the United States. Available at http://www.cdc.Gov/flu/weekly/overview.htm (Accessed 23 October 2013).
- 2Epidemiological, antigenic and genetic characteristics of seasonal influenza A(H1N1), A(H3N2) and B influenza viruses: basis for the WHO recommendation on the composition of influenza vaccines for use in the 2009–2010 Northern Hemisphere season. Vaccine 2010; 28:1156–1167., , et al.
- 3WHO. Interim Global Epidemiological Surveillance Standards for Influenza. 2012. Available at http://www.who.int/influenza/resources/documents/INFSURVMANUAL.pdf (Accessed 23 October 2013).
- 15National Bureau of Statistics of China. Census data in Jingzhou in 2010. Available at http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjsj/pcsj/rkpc/6rp/indexch.htm (Accessed 23 September 2012).
- 16China Weather. Jingzhou weather. Available at http://www.weather.com.cn/cityintro/101200801.shtml (Accessed 20 August 2013).
- 17WHO. Manual for the Laboratory Diagnosis and Virological Surveillance of Influenza. 2011. Available at http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2011/9789241548090_eng.pdf (Accessed 23 October 2013).
- 21Influenza burden in children newborn to eleven months of age in a pediatric emergency department during the peak of an influenza epidemic. Pediatr Infect Dis 2003; 20:S218–S222., , et al.
- 22Development and validation of a risk score for predicting hospitalization in children with influenza virus infection. Pediatr Emerg Care 2009; 25:369–375., , et al.
- 29High proportion of influenza B characterises the 2008 influenza season in Victoria. Commun Dis Intell 2009; 33:328–336., , et al.
- 31Importance of Staphylococcus aureus in pneumonia in the 1957 epidemic of influenza A. Lancet 1958; 272:233–236., , .
- 33WHO. The global burden of disease: 2004 update. http://www.who.Int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf (Accessed 28 September 2010).
- 36Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Guideline on seasonal influenza vaccination during the 2010–2011 season in China. Available at http://www.chinacdc.cn/n272442/n272530/n3479265/n3479308/40232.html (Accessed 4 July 2011).