Risk factors for death from pandemic influenza in 1918–1919: a case–control study
Article first published online: 3 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 329–338, May 2014
How to Cite
2014) Risk factors for death from pandemic influenza in 1918–1919: a case–control study. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 8(3), 329–338.et al. (
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 NOV 2013
- University of Otago Postgraduate Publishing Bursary
- 1Black November: The 1918 Influenza Pandemic in New Zealand, 2nd edn. Christchurch: Canterbury University Press, 2005..
- 2Pandemic H1N1 Influenza lessons from the Southern Hemisphere. Euro Surveill 2009; 14:1–5., , .
- 6Statistics New Zealand. A History of Survival in New Zealand: Cohort Life Tables 1876–2004. Wellington: Statistics New Zealand, 2006.
- 9Was rurality protective in the 1918 Influenza Pandemic in New Zealand? N Z Med J 2007; 120:U2579., , .
- 11America's Forgotten Pandemic: The Influenza of 1918. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003..
- 13The Burden and Risk Factors for Death from the 1918–19 Influenza Pandemic amongst the New Zealand Military Forces of World War One. Department of Public Health. Wellington, New Zealand: Otago University, 2012..
- 14Severe impact of the 1918–19 pandemic influenza in a national military force. N Z Med J 2013; 126:1378., , , .
- 15Museum Auckland War Memorial. Cenotaph Database. Auckland: Auckland War Memorial Museum, 2012.
- 16The New Zealand Medical Service in the Great War, 1914–1918. Auckland: Whitcombe and Tombs Limited, 1924..
- 17Class and Occupation: The New Zealand Reality. Dunedin: Otago University Press, 2005., .
- 18Te Hokowhitu a Tu. The Maori Pioneer Battalion in the First World War, 2nd edn. Auckland: Raupo Publishing (NZ) Ltd, 1995..
- 19A Soldier's Diary. 1919 Unpublished Diary., .
- 26A nutritional analysis of New Zealand military food rations at Gallipoli in 1915: likely contribution to scurvy and other nutrient deficient disorders. N Z Med J 2013; 126:12–29., , , , .