Epidemiology of respiratory viral infections in children enrolled in a study of influenza vaccine effectiveness
Article first published online: 31 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 293–301, May 2014
How to Cite
2014) Epidemiology of respiratory viral infections in children enrolled in a study of influenza vaccine effectiveness. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 8(3), 293–301.et al. (
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 31 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 NOV 2013
- Australian Research Council and Sanofi Pasteur
- 1World Health Organisation. Initiative for Vaccine Research (VRI). Acute respiratory infections. Available at http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/ari/en/ (Accessed 4 June 2012).
- 2Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2004. 4829.0.55.001–Health of Children, 2004. Available at: http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4829.0.55.001Main+Features12004. (Accessed 4 June 2012).
- 6The cost of seasonal respiratory illnesses in Australian children: the dominance of patient and family costs and implications for vaccine use. Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 2004; 28:510–516., , , , .
- 10Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; 16:CD004879., , , , .
- 16Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2008. Childhood education and care. Available at http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/573FA1277E2378E3CA25765700162238/$File/44020_June%202008%20(reissue).pdf. (Accessed 30 July 2012).
- 22The investigation of some viral agents in the patients with upper respiratory tract in Erzurum region. Kafkas Üniv Vet Fak Derg 2009; 15:951–955., .
- 25NNDSS Annual Report Writing Group. Australia's notifiable disease status, 2010: annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 2012; 35:1–69.
- 27Influenza vaccination is not associated with detection of non-influenza respiratory viruses in seasonal studies of influenza vaccine effectiveness. Clin Infect Dis 2013; 57:789–793., , et al.
- 39Australian Bureau of Statistics. Household income and income distribution 2009–2010. Available at http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/subscriber.nsf/0/DBE855896D8CA36DCA2578FB0018533C/$File/65230_2009-10.pdf (Accessed 14 June 2012).
- 40Australia's mothers and babies 2008. Perinatal statistics series 2010 no. 24. Cat. no. PeR 50. Canberra: AIHW., .
- 41Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2009. A picture of Australia's children 2009. Cat. no. PHE 112. Canberra: AIHW.
- 42Australian Bureau of Statistics. 4402.0 Childhood Education and Care, Australia, June 2011. Available at http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Products/4402.0. (Accessed 8 January 2014).