Influenza-related hospitalization of adults associated with low census tract socioeconomic status and female sex in New Haven County, Connecticut, 2007-2011
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 274–281, May 2014
How to Cite
2014) Influenza-related hospitalization of adults associated with low census tract socioeconomic status and female sex in New Haven County, Connecticut, 2007-2011. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses 8(3), 274–281.et al. (
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 DEC 2013
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Connecticut Department of Public Health
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seasonal influenza (flu): seasonal influenza questions and answers. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/disease.htm (Accessed 16 August 2013).
- 3CDC. Estimates of death associated with seasonal influenza – United States 1976-2007. MMWR Morb and Mort Wkly Report 2010; 59:1057–1062.
- 4Prevention and control of influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep 2010; 59(RR-08):1–62., , et al.
- 7Disparities in the severity of influenza illness: a descriptive study of hospitalized and nonhospitalized novel H1N1 influenza-positive patients in New York City: 2009-2010 influenza season. J Public Health Man 2013; 19:16–24., , , .
- 9Public Health Disparities Geocoding Project. Available at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/thegeocodingproject (Accessed 16 August 2013).
- 10U.S. Census Bureau. The American Community Survey. Available at: http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downloads/questionnaires/2009/Quest09.pdf (Accessed 16 August 2013).
- 12Changing disparities in invasive pneumococcal disease by socioeconomic status and race in Connecticut, 1998-2008. Public Health Rep 2011; 126(Suppl 3):81–88., , .
- 20Asthma prevalence, health care use and mortality: United States, 2005-2009. National Health Statistics Reports 2011; 32:1-15. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr032.pdf (Accessed 15 August 2013)., , .
- 21Fertility of men and women aged 15–44 years in the United States: National Survey of Family Growth, 2006–2010. National Health Statistics Reports 2012; 51:1–28. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr051.pdf (Accessed 4 March 2013)., , .