Authors’s note: We thank Alexandra Guisinger for encouraging us to pursue this topic. Thanks also to Yong Kyun Kim, James Mahoney, Tom Pepinsky, Steve Nelson, Jason Seawright, Dennis Quinn, and the editor and anonymous reviewers at ISQ for providing extensive comments on earlier drafts of this paper. We also received helpful comments from participants at the Applied Quantitative Methods Workshop at Northwestern University, the 2010 ISA convention, and 2010 MPSA convention. We are grateful to everyone who supplied us with their data sets and helped us replicate their research, particularly Sarah Brooks, Jeff Chwieroth, and Marcus Kurtz. We also thank Menzie Chinn, Hiro Ito, and Ashoka Mody for access to the raw data of their Kaopen index. All remaining shortcomings are, of course, entirely ours. Authors’ names are listed alphabetically. Data and additional materials are available at Steinberg’s Web site, http://blogs.uoregon.edu/davidsteinberg.
Assessing the Causes of Capital Account Liberalization: How Measurement Matters1
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
© 2012 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 128–137, March 2013
How to Cite
KARCHER, S. and Steinberg, D. A. (2013), Assessing the Causes of Capital Account Liberalization: How Measurement Matters. International Studies Quarterly, 57: 128–137. doi: 10.1111/isqu.12001
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!