Fieldwork for this paper was carried out in August–September 2006 in Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay. I am grateful to the British Academy and the Carnegie Trust for their financial support, as well as to the government officials and academics in all three countries who shared their views with me in confidential interviews and conversations over this time. For helpful comments and encouragement, I would like to thank the editor of ISQ, the anonymous reviewers, Gian Luca Gardini, Miriam Gomes Saraiva, Andrés Malamud, Sergio Caballero Santos, Marysia Zalewski, Mustapha K. Pasha, Michael E. Smith, and Neil Mitchell. I would also like to thank the audiences at ECPR-Potsdam 2009, the Research Seminar at the University of Aberdeen in 2010, the Latin American Series at the University of Glasgow in 2010, and the Research Seminar at the University of Lancaster in 2010 for thought-provoking questions and comments.
The Institutional Identity of Regional Organizations, Or Mercosur’s Identity Crisis1
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
© 2012 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 115–127, March 2013
How to Cite
Oelsner, A. (2013), The Institutional Identity of Regional Organizations, Or Mercosur’s Identity Crisis. International Studies Quarterly, 57: 115–127. doi: 10.1111/isqu.12033
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!