Author's notes: I am very grateful to James Parisot and Roy Starrs for comments on previous drafts, and to three anonymous ISQ reviewers for immensely helpful criticism. I am also grateful to Leo Panitch and Jonathan Nitzan for the intellectual champagne they served during my PhD, without which this paper could not have been written. All faults are my own. I thank the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for funding. See online Supporting Information Table S1 for methodology used in Table 1.
American Economic Power Hasn't Declined—It Globalized! Summoning the Data and Taking Globalization Seriously†
Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
© 2013 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 817–830, December 2013
How to Cite
2013) American Economic Power Hasn't Declined—It Globalized! Summoning the Data and Taking Globalization Seriously. International Studies Quarterly, doi: 10.1111/isqu.12053. (
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!