Leonardo Baccini is a Lecturer in International Political Economy at LSE. His research focuses on international political economy in general, and the political economy of international trade in particular. Johannes Urpelainen (PhD, University of Michigan, 2009) is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Columbia University. His research focuses on environmental and energy policy, international institutions, and political economy.
Before Ratification: Understanding the Timing of International Treaty Effects on Domestic Policies†
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2013
© 2013 International Studies Association
International Studies Quarterly
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 29–43, March 2014
How to Cite
2014) Before Ratification: Understanding the Timing of International Treaty Effects on Domestic Policies. International Studies Quarterly, doi: 10.1111/isqu.12080and . (
We thank the editors of International Studies Quarterly, the two anonymous reviewers, Michael Bechtel, Xun Cao, and Paul Huth for useful comments on a previous draft.
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!