The AOL “running guy” logo is used with permission, as is the AOL demographic comparison in the Appendix. Many thanks to AOL Senior Vice President Dennis Gonier for help with data collection, study conceptualization, and intellectual property permissions.
Determining Uses and Gratifications for the Internet
Article first published online: 22 APR 2004
Volume 35, Issue 2, pages 259–288, May 2004
How to Cite
Stafford, T. F., Stafford, M. R. and Schkade, L. L. (2004), Determining Uses and Gratifications for the Internet. Decision Sciences, 35: 259–288. doi: 10.1111/j.00117315.2004.02524.x
Wynne Chin and Carol Saunders provided substantial guidance in the methodological and manuscript preparation stages of the study, for which we are quite grateful.
The comments and guidance of two anonymous reviewers and the associate editor were instrumental in refining this manuscript for publication. We are particularly grateful for their guidance on theoretical integration.
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2004
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2004
- [Received: December 2002. Accepted: February 2004.]
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!