This article is based on an ESRC-funded project, grant number RES 000 22 0342. I am grateful to Dr Feargal Cochrane and Professor Christopher Clapham for their advice especially during the pilot stage of this project, and to three anonymous referees for their very helpful advice on how to restructure this article.
Global Environmental Governance and the Challenge of Shadow States: The Impact of Illicit Sapphire Mining in Madagascar
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2005
Development and Change
Volume 36, Issue 5, pages 825–843, September 2005
How to Cite
Duffy, R. (2005), Global Environmental Governance and the Challenge of Shadow States: The Impact of Illicit Sapphire Mining in Madagascar. Development and Change, 36: 825–843. doi: 10.1111/j.0012-155X.2005.00437.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!