This paper summarises the results of a project initially undertaken for the Office of National Statistics (ONS) of the UK and jointly supported by them and HM Treasury. A steering committee provided very useful feedback during the early part of the work. Richard Clare, Geoff Reed, Keith Vernon and Colin Yeend were particularly helpful in providing both data and suggestions. We also wish to thank Stephen Hall for helpful comments. The current state of the work described here at which estimates of UK real GDP are produced on a monthly basis was achieved with support from ESRC research grant L116251012. Richard Smith also gratefully acknowledges partial financial support for this and an earlier revision from the ESRC under the project R000237334 ‘Automatic Leading Indicators’ and a 2002 Leverhulme Major Research Fellowship. Any errors remain our own.
An Indicator of Monthly GDP and an Early Estimate of Quarterly GDP Growth*
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2005
The Economic Journal
Volume 115, Issue 501, pages F108–F129, February 2005
How to Cite
Mitchell, J., Smith, R. J., Weale, M. R., Wright, S. and Salazar, E. L. (2005), An Indicator of Monthly GDP and an Early Estimate of Quarterly GDP Growth. The Economic Journal, 115: F108–F129. doi: 10.1111/j.0013-0133.2005.00974.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2005
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!