Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy with Hippocampal Sclerosis
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2004
Volume 45, Issue 6, pages 695–714, June 2004
How to Cite
Compiled by Heinz-Gregor Wieser for the ILAE Commission on Neurosurgery of Epilepsy (2004), Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy with Hippocampal Sclerosis. Epilepsia, 45: 695–714. doi: 10.1111/j.0013-9580.2004.09004.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAY 2004
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2004
- Accepted February 18, 2004.
- natural history;
- pathologic features;
- structural and functional imaging;
- surgical outcome of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis;
- Istanbul Workshop on mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis
Summary: Experts discussed the definition, natural history, pathologic features, pathogenesis, electroclinical, neurophysiological, neuropsychological, structural and functional imaging findings, as well as surgical outcome in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis (MTLE-HS). After a long-lasting consensus process the ILAE Commission Neurosurgery of epilepsy accepted the resulting conclusions as state-of-the art report on MTLE-HS. The majority of contributors considered MTLE-HS to represent a sufficient cluster of signs and symptoms to make up a syndromic diagnostic entity.