Epilepsy and Driving in Japan
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2004
Volume 45, Issue 12, pages 1630–1635, December 2004
How to Cite
Inoue, Y., Ito, M., Kurihara, M., Morimoto, K. and Commission on Legal Affairs, Japan Epilepsy Society (Japan chapter of ILAE) (2004), Epilepsy and Driving in Japan. Epilepsia, 45: 1630–1635. doi: 10.1111/j.0013-9580.2004.t01-1-17304.x
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2004
- Accepted July 31, 2004.
- 1Issues on epilepsy and driving. Psychiatry 1967;9: 429–37..
- 2Socio-medical aspect of epilepsy: traffic problems. Clin Psychiatry 1972;1: 368–79., .
- 3Japan Epilepsy Association. Employment status of patients with epilepsy. Tokyo : Budosha, 1985.
- 4Driving status in patients with epilepsy. J Jpn Epilepsy Soc 1989;7: 125–31..
- 5Follow-up study of driving status in patients with epilepsy. J Jpn Epilepsy Soc 1990;8: 82–4., , , et al.
- 8Commission on Legal Affairs of the Japan Epilepsy Society. Legal problems concerning epilepsy and driving, and opinions on driving a motor vehicle by a person with epilepsy. Jpn J Epilepsy Soc 1992;10: 88–9.
- 9SonnenA, ed. Epilepsy and driving: a European view. Haarlem : International Bureau for Epilepsy , 1997.
- 10Commission on Legal Affairs of the Japan Epilepsy Society. Guidelines for the assessment of persons with epilepsy for fitness to drive. Jpn J Epilepsy Soc 2001;19: 140–1.