ISOLATION BY RESISTANCE
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2007
Volume 60, Issue 8, pages 1551–1561, August 2006
How to Cite
McRae, B. H. (2006), ISOLATION BY RESISTANCE. Evolution, 60: 1551–1561. doi: 10.1111/j.0014-3820.2006.tb00500.x
- Issue online: 8 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2007
- Received June 15, 2005. Accepted May 17, 2006.
- 2003. The application of “least-cost” modeling as a functional landscape model. Landscape Urban Plan. 64:233–247. , , , , , , and .
- 2003. Metapopulation genetic structure and migration pathways in the land snail Helix aspersa: influence of landscape heterogeneity. Landscape Ecol. 18:333–346.
- 1990. Spatial relationship and gene flow paths between populations of the alpine snail Arianta arbustorum (Pulmonata: Helicidae). Evolution 44:966–980.
- 2002. Resistance-distance matrix: a computational algorithm and its application. Int. J. Quantum Chem. 90:166–176. , , , , and .
- 2002. Co-authorship, rational Erdös numbers, and resistance distances in graphs. Scientometrics 55:59–70. , and .
- 2004. Effect of unsampled populations on the estimation of population sizes and migration rates between sampled populations. Mol. Ecol. 13:827–836.
- 2001. Maximum likelihood estimation of a migration matrix and effective population sizes in n subpopulations by using the coalescent approach. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:4563–4568. , and .
- 1968. A migration matrix model for the study of random genetic drift. Genetics 59:565–592. , and .
- 1996. Using diffusion models to simulate the effects of land use on grizzly bear dispersal in the Rocky Mountains. Landscape Ecol. 11:51–64. , and .
- 2004. A comparison-shopper's guide to connectivity metrics. Front. Ecol. Environ 2:529–536. , and .
- 1997. The electrical resistance of a graph captures its commute and cover times. Comput. Compl. 6:312–340. , , , , and .
- 2002. GIS-generated, expert-based models for identifying wildlife habitat linkages and planning mitigation passages. Conserv. Biol. 16:503–514. , , , and .
- 2004. Landscape connectivity influences gene flow in a roe deer population inhabiting a fragmented landscape: an individual-based approach. Mol. Ecol. 13:2841–2850. , , , , , , , , and .
- 1984. Group selection for a polygenic behavioral trait: estimating the degree of population subdivision. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81:6073–6077. , and .
- 2003. Introduction to electric circuits. 6th ed. John Wiley and Sons, New York . , and .
- 1984. Random walks and electrical networks. Mathematical Association of America, Washington , DC . , and .
- 1999. Correlation of pairwise genetic and geographic distance measures: inferring the relative influences of gene flow and drift on the distribution of genetic variability. Evolution 53:1898–1914. , and .
- 2000. Random walks and effective resistances on toroidal and cylindrical grids. Am. J. Phys. 68:37–40.
- 1987. Macro- and microgeographic structure of a spatially subdivided beetle species in nature. Evolution 41:401–416.
- 1982. On the genealogy of large populations. Pp. 27–43 in J.Gani and E. J.Hannan, eds. Essays in statistical science. Applied Probability Trust, London .
- 1845. Über den Durchgang eines elektrischen Stromees durch eine Ebene, insbesondere durch eine kreisförmige. Ann Physik Chemie 64:497–514.
- 1993. Resistance distance. J. Math. Chem. 12:81–85. , and .
- 2002. Phylogeographical structure, postglacial recolonization and barriers to gene flow in the distinctive Valais chromosome race of the common shrew (Sorex araneus). Mol. Ecol. 11:785–794. , and .
- 2003. Landscape genetics: combining landscape ecology and population genetics. Trends Ecol. Evol. 18:189–197. , , , and .
- 1970. Effective number of alleles in a subdivided population. Theor. Popul. Biol. 1:273–306.
- 2006. Convergence to the island-model coalescent process in populations with restricted migration. Genetics 172:701–708. , and .
- 1992. The evolution of dispersal in spatially and temporally varying environments. Am. Nat. 140:1010–1027. , and .
- 1997. Genetic differentiation and estimation of gene flow from F-statistics under isolation by distance. Genetics 145:1219–1228.
- 2000. Genetic differentiation between individuals. J. Evol. Biol. 13:58–62.
- 2000. A microsatellite analysis of natterjack toad, Bufo calamita, metapopulations. Oikos 88:641–651. , , and .
- 2003. Cryptic population structure in a large, mobile mammalian predator: the Scandinavian lynx. Mol. Ecol. 12:2623–2633. , , , , , and .
- 2002. DNA reveals high dispersal synchronizing the population dynamics of Canada lynx. Nature 415:520–522. , , , , and .
- 2004. Spatial genetic structure in a metapopulation of the land snail Cepaea nemoralis (Gastropoda: Helicidae). Mol. Ecol. 13:3645–3655. , , and .
- 1985. Gene flow in natural populations. Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 16:393–430.
- 1991. Inbreeding coefficients and coalescence times. Genet. Res. 58:167–175.
- 1993. Isolation by distance in equilibrium and non-equilibrium populations. Evolution 47:264–279.
- 2005. Seeing ghosts: the effect of unsampled populations on migration rates estimated for sampled populations. Mol. Ecol. 14:67–73.
- 1989. A comparison of three indirect methods for estimating average levels of gene flow. Evolution 43:1349–1368. , and .
- 1975. The influence of gene flow on genetic distance. Am. Nat. 109:597–601. , and .
- 1986. Multiple regression and correlation extensions of the Mantel test of matrix correspondence. Syst. Zool. 35:627–632. , , and .
- 1987. Average number of nucleotide differences in a sample subpopulation: a test for population subdivision. Genetics 117:149–153.
- 2001. ‘Neighbourhood’ size, dispersal and density estimates in the prickly forest skink (Gnypetoscincus queenslandiae) using individual genetic and demographic methods. Mol. Ecol. 10:1917–1927. , , , and .
- 2001. Disrupting evolutionary processes: the effect of habitat fragmentation on collared lizards in the Missouri Ozarks. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:5426–5432. , , , and .
- 1998. Analysis of genetic structure and dispersal patterns in a population of sea beet. Genetics 149:1975–1985. , , , and .
- 2005. Automatic extraction of relevant nodes in biochemical networks. 7e Conférence Francophone sur ľApprentissage Automatique, May 31-June 3, 2005, Nice, France. , , and .
- 2005. Streams over mountains: influence of riparian connectivity on gene flow in the Pacific jumping mouse (Zapus trinotatus). Mol. Ecol. 14:1925–1937.
- 2001. Genetic similarity as a measure for connectivity between fragmented populations of the moor frog (Rana arvalis). Heredity 86:598–608. , , , and .
- 1943. Isolation by distance. Genetics 28:114–138.
- 2005. Clustering using a random-walk based distance measure. Pp. 317–324 in Proceedings of the 13th European symposium on artificial neural networks. D-side Publications, Evere , Belgium . , , , , , and .