The authors’ affiliations are, respectively, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Linz, Austria, and Economics Program, RSSS, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and Rene.Boheim@jku.at. We would like to thank Mark Bryan, Gordon Kemp, the anonymous referees, and participants in seminars at the Universities of Essex and Munich for helpful suggestions on an earlier draft. The support of the ESRC, the University of Essex, and the Leverhulme Trust (under Award F/00213C, “Work-Related Training and Wages of Union and Nonunion Workers in Britain”) is gratefully acknowledged. We acknowledge the Department of Trade and Industry (1999), the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service, and the Policy Studies Institute as the originators of the 1998 Workplace Employee Relations Survey data and the Data Archive at the University of Essex as the distributor. None of these organizations bears any responsibility for the authors’ analysis and interpretations.
Trade Union Presence and Employer-Provided Training in Great Britain
Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2004
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 520–545, July 2004
How to Cite
BÖHEIM, R. and BOOTH, A. L. (2004), Trade Union Presence and Employer-Provided Training in Great Britain. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 43: 520–545. doi: 10.1111/j.0019-8676.2004.00348.x
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2004
- Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!