The authors’ affiliations are, respectively, University of Essex (United Kingdom) and Universidad de Alcalá (Spain). E-mail: email@example.com. Part of this study has been supported by the U.K. Economic and Social Research Council under “The Future of Work: Flexible Employment, Part-Time Work and Career Development in Britain” Award No. L212 25 2007 and by the British Council under the “Acciones Integradas” Award for collaborative pilot research projects. The Spanish data were provided by the Social and Labour Statistics Office from the Spanish Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. We thank María Teresa Giráldez for her permission to use the Spanish data set. We would like to thank Alison Booth, the Editor (Daniel Mitchell), and two anonymous referees for their helpful comments on earlier versions of the article. A longer article that includes a more detailed analysis of the theoretical, methodologic, and empirical issues summarized in this note is available from the authors on request.
Unions and Flexible Employment in Britain and Spain: A Descriptive Note
Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2004
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 874–882, October 2004
How to Cite
Francesconi, M. and Garcia-Serrano, C. (2004), Unions and Flexible Employment in Britain and Spain: A Descriptive Note. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 43: 874–882. doi: 10.1111/j.0019-8676.2004.00366.x
- Issue online: 8 SEP 2004
- Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!