The Self, the symbolic and synchronicity: virtual realities and the emergence of the psyche
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2005
Journal of Analytical Psychology
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 271–284, June 2005
How to Cite
Hogenson, G. B. (2005), The Self, the symbolic and synchronicity: virtual realities and the emergence of the psyche. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 50: 271–284. doi: 10.1111/j.0021-8774.2005.00531.x
- Issue published online: 31 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2005
- (1998). ‘Ibogaine therapy in chemical dependancy and posttraumatic stress disorder: A hypothesis involving the fractal nature of fetal REM sleep and interhemispheric reintegration’. Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, Vol. 8, No. 1, Spring 1998, 5–17.
- (1996). ‘Fractal time and the foundations of consciousness: Vertical convergence of 1/f phenomena from ion channels to behavioral states’. In Fractals of Brain, Fractals of Mind: In Search of a Symmetry Bond, eds. E. & M. I.Stamenov. Amsterdam: J. Benjamins. & .
- (1996). How Nature Works: The Science of Self-Organized Criticality. New York: Copernicus. .
- (2002). ‘Synchronicity and emergence’. American Imago, 59, 4, 409–34. .
- (2003). ‘Multilevel selection in a complex adaptive system: The problem of language origin’. In Evolution and Learning: The Baldwin Effect Reconsidered, eds. R. H.Weber & D. J.Depew. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 81–106. .
- (2003). ‘east effort and the origins of scaling in human language’. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 100, 3, 788–91, February 4. & .
- (2004). ‘What are symbols symbols of? Situated action, mythological bootstrapping and the emergence of the Self’. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 49, 1, 67–81. .
- (1952). ‘Synchronicity: an acausal connecting principle’. CW 8. .
- (1983). The Fractal Geometry of Nature. New York: W. H. Freeman. .
- (1997). Fractals and Scaling in Finance: Discontinuity, Concentration, Risk. New York: Springer. .
- (2001). ‘Archetypes, complexes and self organization’. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 46, 2, 305–23. & .
- (2003). Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems. Princeton: Princeton University Press. .
- (1999). The Mind Within the Net: Models of Learning, Thinking, and Acting. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. .
- (2004). The Present Moment. New York: Norton. .