On the loss of saltmarshes in south-east England and the relationship with Nereis diversicolor
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2004
Journal of Applied Ecology
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 787–791, August 2004
How to Cite
MORRIS, R. K. A., REACH, I. S., DUFFY, M. J., COLLINS, T. S. and LEAFE, R. N. (2004), On the loss of saltmarshes in south-east England and the relationship with Nereis diversicolor. Journal of Applied Ecology, 41: 787–791. doi: 10.1111/j.0021-8901.2004.00932.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2004
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2004
- Received 14 May 2004; final copy received 19 May 2004
- 1990) The Severn Estuary in southwest Britain: its retreat under marine transgression and fine sediment regime. Sedimentary Geology, 66, 13–28. . (
- 2003) The Humber Estuary: A Comprehensive Review of its Nature Conservation Interest. Research Report 547. English Nature, Peterborough, UK. , , , , , , , , , , , & (
- 1992) Erosion and Vegetation Change on the Saltmarshes of Essex and North Kent Between 1973 and 1988. Nature Conservancy Council, Peterborough, UK. (
- 2002) Maritime State of Nature Report for England; Getting onto an Even Keel. English Nature, Peterborough, UK. & (
- 1997) An Inventory of UK Estuaries. I. Introduction and Methodology. Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Peterborough, UK. & (
- 1991) Nature Conservation and Estuaries in Great Britain. Nature Conservancy Council, Peterborough, UK. , , , , , , , , & (
- Defra (2004) Maintenance of Uneconomic Sea Flood Defences: A Way Forward. Defra, London. http://www.defra.gov.uk/environ/fcd/policy/unecseadef.htm .
- English Nature (1992) Coastal Zone Conservation. English Nature's Rationale, Objectives and Practical Recommendations. English Nature, Peterborough, UK.
- Environment Agency (2000) Planning for the Rising Tides: The Humber Estuary Shoreline Management Plan. Environment Agency, Leeds, UK.
- Environment Agency (2002) The Humber Estuary. Consultation on Managed Realignment. Information for Landowners and Tenants. Environment Agency, Leeds, UK.
- Environment Agency (2003) The Humber Estuary: Update on Managed Realignment. Environment Agency, Leeds, UK.
- 2004) Foresight Future Flooding Scientific Summary. I. Future Risks and their Drivers. Office of Science and Technology, London, UK. , , , , , , & (
- 2003) Saltmarsh and mudflat development after managed realignment. Proceedings of the 38th Defra Flood and Coastal Management Conference, 2003, pp. 01.1.1–01.1.10. Defra, London. , , , & (
- 2002) Effects of bioturbation and plant roots on saltmarsh biogeochemistry: a mecosm study. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 24, 71–87. & (
- 2001) Climate Change and Nature Conservation in Britain and Ireland; Modelling Natural Resource Responses to climate change (the MONARCH Project). Technical Report. UKCIP, Oxford, UK. , & (
- 2004) The effects of bioturbation and herbivory by the polychaete Nereis diversicolor on loss of saltmarsh in south-east England. Journal of Applied Ecology, 41, 440–448. & (
- Living with the Sea (2003) Managing Natura 2000 Sites on Dynamic Coastlines. English Nature, Peterborough, UK. http://www.english-nature.org.uk/livingwiththesea.
- 2004) On the loss of saltmarshes in south-east England and methods for their restoration. Journal of Applied Ecology, 41, 449–463. & (
- 2000) Saltmarsh erosion in south east England: mechanisms, causes and implications. British Saltmarshes (eds B. R.Sherwood, B.G.Gardiner & T.Harris), pp. 359–396. Linnean Society of London, London, UK. (
- University of Newcastle (2000) Erosion of the Saltmarshes of Essex Between 1988 and 1998. Unpublished report to Anglian Region Environment Agency. Coastal Geomorphology Partnership, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK.
- 1999) A review of the trends observed in British Isles mean sea level data measured by tide gauges. Geophysical Journal International, 136, 651–670. , , & (