The views in this paper are solely the responsibility of the authors and should not be interpreted as reflecting the views of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System or of any other person associated with the Federal Reserve System. We thank Philippe Bacchetta, Ricardo Caballero, V.V. Chari, Patrick Kehoe, and Philip Lowe, as well as participants at the BIS conference on “Monetary stability, financial stability, and the business cycle.”
External Constraints on Monetary Policy and the Financial Accelerator
Article first published online: 18 APR 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 2-3, pages 295–330, March–April 2007
How to Cite
GERTLER, M., GILCHRIST, S. and NATALUCCI, F. M. (2007), External Constraints on Monetary Policy and the Financial Accelerator. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 295–330. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-2879.2007.00027.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2007
- Received June 14, 2004; and accepted in revised form December 30, 2005.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!