We would like to thank Terhi Jokipii for excellent research assistance, and Reuters, Standard and Poor's, and Rasmus Pilegaard for providing some of the data series. We are also grateful to an anonymous referee, Jeffery Amato, Nicoletta Batini, Agnès Bénassy-Quéré, Beata Bierut, Maria Demertzis, Ettore Dorrucci, Petra Geraats, Jakob de Haan, Hans-Joachim Klöckers, Daniel Levy, Richhild Moessner, Roberto Rigobon, Bob Tetlow, Anders Vredin, and Bernhard Winkler as well as participants at the American Economic Association 2005 Annual Meetings, the 2005 NBER Summer Institute's Workshop on Monetary Economics, the International Research Forum on Monetary Policy 2005, the conference “The ECB and Its Watchers,” the National Bank of Poland conference on “Central Bank Transparency and Communication: Implications for Monetary Policy,” the Namur Workshop on “Central Bank Policy Modelling,” and seminars at the ECB, De Nederlandsche Bank, and the Free University Berlin for comments and discussions. This paper presents the authors' personal opinions and does not necessarily reflect the views of the European Central Bank.
Communication by Central Bank Committee Members: Different Strategies, Same Effectiveness?
Article first published online: 18 APR 2007
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
Volume 39, Issue 2-3, pages 509–541, March–April 2007
How to Cite
EHRMANN, M. and FRATZSCHER, M. (2007), Communication by Central Bank Committee Members: Different Strategies, Same Effectiveness?. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 39: 509–541. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-2879.2007.00034.x
- Issue published online: 18 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 18 APR 2007
- Received June 29, 2005; and accepted in revised form January 10, 2006.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!