This research was supported by NIMH Grant MH54142. Portions of this study appeared in an undergraduate honors thesis by Nathan Smith under the direction of Laura King. We thank Camille Patterson, Sonia Sethi, Jeff White, Tom Kennedy, Erik Day, Summer Noelle Smith, and Kelly Ruff for their assistance in transcription, content analysis, and coding. We thank Angie Simon for her assistance in data collection for the pilot study of 15 lesbians who provided invaluable feedback on earlier versions of the questionnaire packet. Finally, we express our gratitude to the participants in this study, who completed these questionnaire packets in the sometimes hostile contexts of their lives. We thank them for their amazing candor in sharing their life dreams in the service of this study.
Gay and Straight Possible Selves: Goals, Identity, Subjective Well-Being, and Personality Development
Article first published online: 31 AUG 2004
Journal of Personality
Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 967–994, October 2004
How to Cite
King, L. A. and Smith, N. G. (2004), Gay and Straight Possible Selves: Goals, Identity, Subjective Well-Being, and Personality Development. Journal of Personality, 72: 967–994. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-3506.2004.00287.x
- Issue published online: 31 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 31 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!