George Y. Bizer, Psychology Department, Eastern Illinois University. Jon A. Krosnick, Departments of Psychology and Political Science, Ohio State University; University Fellow at Resources for the Future. Allyson L. Holbrook, Survey Research Laboratory, Graduate Program in Public Administration, and Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago. S. Christian Wheeler, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University. Derek D. Rucker and Richard E. Petty, Department of Psychology, Ohio State University. We thank the Board of Overseers of the National Election Survey for their helpful comments on the manuscript and for making the study possible, and Penny Visser for her invaluable help with statistical analyses. Portions of the paper were previously presented at the 2001 annual meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, the 2002 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, and the 2003 annual meeting of the American Psychological Society.
The Impact of Personality on Cognitive, Behavioral, and Affective Political Processes: The Effects of Need to Evaluate
Version of Record online: 31 AUG 2004
Journal of Personality
Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 995–1028, October 2004
How to Cite
Bizer, G. Y., Krosnick, J. A., Holbrook, A. L., Christian Wheeler, S., Rucker, D. D. and Petty, R. E. (2004), The Impact of Personality on Cognitive, Behavioral, and Affective Political Processes: The Effects of Need to Evaluate. Journal of Personality, 72: 995–1028. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-3506.2004.00288.x
- Issue online: 31 AUG 2004
- Version of Record online: 31 AUG 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!