Axle Tree Cottage, Starvecrow Lane, Peasmarsh, Rye, East Sussex TN31 6XI., United Kingdom.
CYTOLOGY AND ULTRASTRUCTURE OF CHLORARACHNION REPTANS (CHLORARACHNIOPHYTA DIVISIO NOVA, CHLORARACHNIOPHYCEAE CLASSIS NOVA)1
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2004
Journal of Phycology
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 310–330, June 1984
How to Cite
Hibberd, D. J. and Norris, R. E. (1984), CYTOLOGY AND ULTRASTRUCTURE OF CHLORARACHNION REPTANS (CHLORARACHNIOPHYTA DIVISIO NOVA, CHLORARACHNIOPHYCEAE CLASSIS NOVA). Journal of Phycology, 20: 310–330. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-3646.1984.00310.x
Accepted: 6 February 1984.
We are grateful to Dr. N. W. Withers (University of Hawaii) and Dr. S. J. Whittle (Goldsmiths' College, University of London) for providing data on pigment composition without which this paper would have been seriously incomplete. The early EM observations on C. reptans which led directly to the present study were made by Barbara Pearson at the University of Washington. We also thank Prof. P. W. Cook, University of Vermont, for allowing us to refer to his observations on an isolate representing a second taxon in the new class and for sending us a culture of this species. The diagnoses were translated into Latin by Mr. T. Christensen, University of Copenhagen. Paul Silva, Karen Gaarder and Berit Heimdal provided valuable assistance.
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2004
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!