Oceans and Ice Branch–Code 971, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland 20771.
THE INFLUENCE OF SALINITY AND TEMPERATURE COVARIATION ON THE PHOTOPHYSIOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTARCTIC SEA ICE MICROALGAE1
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2004
Journal of Phycology
Volume 28, Issue 6, pages 746–756, December 1992
How to Cite
Arrigo, K. R. and Sullivan, C. W. (1992), THE INFLUENCE OF SALINITY AND TEMPERATURE COVARIATION ON THE PHOTOPHYSIOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTARCTIC SEA ICE MICROALGAE. Journal of Phycology, 28: 746–756. doi: 10.1111/j.0022-3646.1992.00746.x
Received 16 March 1992. Accepted 6 August 1992.
We thank D. Robinson, G. Dieckmann, M. Gosselin, and R. Reynolds for their assistance in the field and in the construction of the photosynthetron. We also thank D. Stramski, for the use of his spectrophotometer and his help in obtaining particulate absorption spectra, and B. Jones, who analyzed our nutrient samples. We extend special thanks to S. Kottmeier, International Telephone and Telegraph, and Antarctic Support Associates for their logistical support while in McMurdo Sound. We are especially grateful to C. Lembi and two anonymous reviewers for their timely and helpful comments. This work was supported by NSF grants DPP-817237 and DPP-8717692 from the Division of Polar Programs.
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2004
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!